Friday 3 February 2012

Day 3&4 - blogging From bed

Blogging at 5am from bed is not a good sign. I woke up yesterday nd felt like a rockstar! Jumped up at 530, got geared up, went to my PT and felt like a million bucks. I even sang along to the radio and it wasn't even 6am yet! I wasn't bloated or dopey or anything!! And while every now and then one has a good day randomly, I 'knew' it was the sugar. This was the high I was on round 1.! I took myself out for breaky after, as I had yesterday off to get ready for a Hen's weekend away I've been organizing (uh-oh, could this be a clue?) and had gorgeous poached eggs, mushroom, spinach and tomato... And bacon to try and get in to this paleo habit... Yum!! I wasn't hungry at all til lunch, where I went out with hubby and had a roast beef salad... Yum!! Then, after prepping and packing... And getting a bit nervous/anxious at the same time, I was ready to road trip the four hours with gorgeous Hen and miss L. I decided as I am chauffeur tomorrow night, this will be my party night and I'll get back on track tomorrow. Oh dear. I didn't think I was giving my inner 6-year old a birthday party! Lollies m&ms and brainwaves in the car. Now this is where it got interesting. A small handful of rach and 5mins later I had glowing red cheeks. 10mins later the rubber band was back around my heAd. 15mins later I was out, 'I can't have any more i feel crook!'... And then, 'can u hand me the....' Cue the rest of the night. Beautiful pita pizzas and yoghurt w berries for dinner and dessert. Perfectly 'Michelle'. Add to that biscuits, nuts, m&ms, 'straight' chocolate, marshmallows, rice snacks, oh and an apricot (foolin no one darl). Add 2 cocktails, 'leftovers punch' and moscato (ahhh that's why the other stuff happened). And now you know why I'm blogging atT 5am from bed. I don't feel hungover from the drinks, plenty of water from before sleep and I've always been lucky like that... But I feel like 'day 1' of no sugar no caffeine all over again. Bloated, tired and sooky, massive headache, just want to lie around and grumble. But you know what's cool? The ladies here get me and get food problems, so when I tell them at 8am 'hey I'm skipping sugar the rest of the weekend, help me out' they will do just that. And I won't judge their intake nd they won't judge mine. So much for a 'weekend off'... I don't wanna. I want to wake up every day, singing along to the radio on my way to PT. smiling and feeling proud. Not blogging from bed at 5am. ClaireS xx

No comments:

Post a Comment