Monday 30 January 2012

SUGAR BABE to PALEO PRINCESS





Tomorrow something major happens.  I give up sugar, and begin the process of giving up caffeine. 
Ey?!  Lets come back to that.


Part of the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation key to success is the preseason tasks - going hard in the four weeks before the season begins to set your life up for success as soon as we hit 'kick off'.
Step 1. Excuses - I've posted them on the site but still a little shy to post them here.
Step 2. Goals - I'm still working them out...but I'll update you on them soon.
Step 3. "Gear Up"...get all the Stuff to be effective - scales, gym gear, gym membership etc etc... I'm all good on that front (though...lorna jane is always calling!)
Step 4. This is where the blog kicks in. "Shout it out Loud"


KISS always starts to rumble in the back of my mind...my toes start to wiggle...and "SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT OUTTA LOUUUUDDDDD" can be heard around the house for the full week of the preseason... I love it. It challenges every bit of me... saying on Facebook "Hey Friends, I wanna lose weight...keep an eye on me" "I commit to losing XXkg and working out XX days a week" "I'm gonna wear a bikini and blah blah blah"  I hate it, and, love it.


Well, here I can give some more context to my shout-out-loud.


Let's start with my Commitment.


I commit to getting back to 58kg. I was 58kg for 2 rounds, but my binge eating, secret eating, and anxiety got out of control and I am now 65kg. that's a lot in essentially 2 months for someone who works out 6 times+ a week.  I commit to keep up my exercise, and really focus on weightlifting, but I commit to maintain my cardio so that I will achieve my ultimate goal of completing Kokoda in October this year.  [I don't want to carry an extra 7kg with me in chocolate!!!]


Now, lets move to next week.


Next week my husband and I will begin a "Paleo" template of eating.


UHOH I hear you say. a fad.


Don't worry, I am switched on, I know there is no quick fix to changing your weight that is sustainable.  But this is clever, this sounds like something I WANT to do, and, once I add dairy back in, I believe I could do 80% of the time for pretty much ever.


Let's learn a bit more:
Paleo eating is based on eating as close to our ancestors as possible - no grains/wheat/dairy as these are part of the agricultural revolution, no legumes or soy as they are poisonous/bad for you raw, no sugar except for that in fruit, minimal raw raw honey.
That sounds rubbish - what can you have? Any meat, preferably beautiful organic free range grass fed, eggs, green veg, nuts, sweet potato, tamari, berries, fruits.... yum!!!
I think the only thing I will reaaaaaaally miss is cheeses and dairy... [I can't bear to talk about sugar and chocolate right now ok!?]  but many people chose to add some back in once they know their body better.


HERE IS A GREAT SITE I FOUND WHICH EXPLAINS STUFF WAY BETTER:
http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html#part6 


Now, to tomorrow.
"Tomorrow something major happens.  I give up sugar, and begin the process of giving up caffeine."
I plan to start the paleo diet on Monday with hubby, but I'm really nervous about sugar and caffeine as I LOVE sugar, bread, chocolate, icecream, etc etc...so I'm giving myself a head start.  Also, now is a good chance to let you know, I DO plan to do the 12wbt - I will follow the gidelines that michelle sets - I wll just do a bit of substituting and tweaking, I've already worked out that 80% of the recipies from previous rounds will be fine once I switch out the chickpeas/lentils/dairy for something else :D  


Finally: Right now. How do I feel?
Rubbish.
I've been overeating for the last 4 days, and binge-ate today [I won't say how much chocolate, you wouldn't believe me]. I had a final flavoured yoghurt, final beer, coffee, lemon slice... and how do I feel?  I have the sweats, my stomache is all swollen and sore, my eyes are heavy, kneck is sore, I feel my head is heavy and tight. I don't feel like I have any energy, motivation, and I feel like crying. 
I had plenty of sleep, I honestly feel like it's all the cr*p in my system.
I'm scared though...what is it going to feel like to get this all out of me!?!?!?!?  So tonight, early night sleep, lots of water... and we'll see how we go.


Holy cow this is a LONG post...AGAIN!
I have an idea, i'll chuck out a quick post at the end of this of some of my CS-TOP-TIPS!!!


Thanks for reading my rant...I expect as I get this rubbish out of my system there'll be a LOT more ranting to come!!


ClaireS
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment