Tuesday 31 January 2012

Day 1. No Sugar No Coffee

Hooly Dooly!
I ate a LOT of sugar yesterday in a wham-bam farewell to the white stuff.
BAD idea.  Anyone planning on having a "last hurrah"before 12wbt kick-off... goodness don't! Or keep it clever.

I woke up this morning feeling so tired. 40mins of the snooze button, I was SO close to canning my workout. But I'd made a commitment to my weightlifting coach that I wasn't going to break.  I dragged myself up, almost in tears.  I realised - I've had plenty of sleep, I'm nice and fit, this feeling is 100% sugar induced.  What have I been doing to myself!!
I was also massively hungry - rumbling belly, desperate to eat something... but I knew I had eaten right up until sleep the night before, there was no way that my body needed food!! Again, sugar-games! Not ok.

Breakfast I had 2x poached eggs with tomato, spinach and parsley. Yum.  I was full until 11... didn't crave my 10:00 coffee much at all actually.  I did want something sweet though at 11, I had a banana figuring it was sweet enough, but wouldn't stir up all those cravings too much.  By 12 I had a thick heavy haze over my eyes and felt like I've got a ring of rubber bands around my head.  The rest of the day was much the same - not cravey at all, just a really heavy head, low energy, really wanting a nap.

Headache is still smashing me now actually, so I think I'll head to bed.
Bring on day 2.

ClaireS
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment